Woodlawn Christian Church is an independent Christian Church, established in 1926. In those days traveling to Mt. Catherine, the closest Christian church for Woodlawn residents, was a burden. As more Woodlawn people went to it it becamse evident that there was a need for a Christian Church within the villiage limits.
On April 15, 1926, a meeting was held at the home of Mrs. Lou Gaskins. Those present were Mr. and Mrs. John Bourland, Mrs. Jacob Spangler, Mrs. Lou Gaskins, Mrs. Nellie Flanagan, Mr. and Mrs. Jesse Eubank and M.P. Pierson (a preacher). This group established the church covenant and elected trustees.
WCC has come a long way in 91 years, but the mission and goal remains the same. We want to reach people for Jesus.